The Culture+ programme is working with Brittany Ferries and Condor Ferries to promote Dorset visual arts to ferry passengers and staff.
We are seeking to display up to 28 works from a variety of artists based in Dorset at:
- One of the entertainment areas of the Brittany Ferries’ ship Barfleur (until January 2018).
- The ferry passenger terminal in Poole, run by Condor Ferries (until the end of March 2018).
Brittany Ferries and Condor Ferries are looking for artworks with a maritime theme. This means subjects such as:
- Ships and boats.
- Coastal scenes (preferably, but not limited to, Dorset scenes).
- Seaside and related scenes.
- Maritime history.
- UK water sports (sea not freshwater).
The style of these works can be traditional or contemporary, including abstract, and either paint on canvas or prints.
How to take part
Download the full brief for the artist call out here
Please submit a digital image of your work/s that you think fit the brief by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember to include the following details:
- Your name.
- Contact details: Address, phone number and web address.
- A brief description about yourself (maximum 100 words).
- Digital images of the artwork you want us to consider. This could be attached jpegs or an online link
- Attached jpegs need to be good quality but not more 500kb in size. Total file size for all images must be less than 10MB
- Ensure that each of your images are correctly titled – with your name in the filename, eg ‘Poole Harbour – Tom Jones’.
- List your proposed work with the size (including frame). Please ensure the name of the jpeg is the same as the title you list in the email.
- Please put either ‘Brittany Ferries’ or ‘Poole Terminal’ in the email subject line. If you are submitting for both, include both in the subject line.
A panel of people from the partnership will chose the images, this will be based on audience relevance and quality of work.
If you are successful
If your work is chosen you will be emailed by 21st October 2017. Deadline for submissions is 20th October 2017. In that email, we will explain where and when you need to bring your work. We will also send you an agreement for participating in the exhibition.