WHAT IS IT?
Effectively demonstrating your impact to your key stakeholders such as donors, grant makers, partners, trustees, media and staff is essential for securing ongoing support for your work.
You may know that your work makes a difference to the lives of individuals and your community, but how can you show that you are making a real difference in order to build trust, rapport and credibility for your services?
This course will provide you with a range of tools and best practice tips to ensure that you are effectively measuring and communicating the difference you make to donors, funders and supporters.
WHO IS IT FOR?
This workshop is for Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole based arts organisations, venues, artists, makers and creatives only.
WHAT WILL YOU GO AWAY WITH?
- Identify key outcomes and the difference their organisation makes to a range of different stakeholders
- Consider the broader social value of their work
- Use effective measurement tools to gather evidence and analyse their impact
- Communicate their impact with stakeholders
WHO IS SPEAKING?
Alex Hayes has worked in a variety of fundraising and consultancy roles within the charity sector since graduating from the University of Sussex with a degree in History in 2007.
He was operations manager of a medium sized charity where he was responsible for a wide range of fundraising and project management. Following on from this Alex worked as a charity recruitment consultant where he assisted a wide range of charities recruit for mainly fundraising positions. Alex is also a founder and trustee of a small international development charity which has completed projects in several countries across Asia and Africa.
WHAT TO BRING:
- You may wish to bring a laptop or iPad to do some online research but not essential. Pen and paper is advised.If you are based outside Dorset please call us before booking your place as only Dorset residents qualify for a place.
- There is no fee for attendees but spaces are limited.
- If you are a Sole Trader please bring your Unique Tax Reference Number, if you own a registered company/organisation please bring your registration number.
We will be providing refreshments, please be sure that you let us know your dietary requirements on the Eventbrite Event Registration.
How to book
- Spaces are limited, only one place available per business
- If you book and find that you are unable to attend, please cancel your ticket as soon as possible and at least 48 hours prior to the workshop. This allows us to release the booking to others that are on a waiting list
This Culture+ workshop is specifically for artists and creative practitioners based in Dorset. Culture+ is funded by Arts Council England and the European Regional Development Fund. It is providing support for the creative industry strand of the Dorset Growth Hub programme lead by WSX Enterprise.