WHAT IS IT?
Learn what Social Enterprise is all about.
WHAT YOU WILL GO AWAY WITH
1) What is the brief history and current state of the Social Enterprise Sector and especially in the Arts, Culture and Creative industries?
2) What is the importance of a theory of social change, social mission, social purpose, social impact and social accounting to a social enterprise?
3) What insights can you give us into starting up, converting to or developing a Social enterprise for example in a) Financial, Social and Environmental Accounting b) Governance, Registration and business types c) Marketing a social enterprise d) Business Planning and investment f) Organisational Development g) Effective operations?
4) Where are the best networks and who are the best contacts for social entrepreneurs?
ABOUT YOUR TUTORS
John Merritt is a Level 5 registered Social Enterprise, Cooperative and Credit Union development worker, who has worked in a number of different roles in the Sector for over 20 years. He has run social enterprise themed workshops and seminars for graduates at Arts University Bournemouth; he has been a President of 2 Credit Unions; he has supported a number of start-up and developing arts oriented social enterprise and delivered many courses to a broad range of social and cooperative enterprises
WHAT TO BRING
You will be provided by with handouts and exemplar material so all you need to bring is a pen and should you wish to bring some images of your work please do. Laptops and iPads welcome but not essential.
If you are a Sole Trader please bring your Unique Tax Reference Number, if you own a registered company/organisation please bring your registration number.
We will be providing refreshments, please be sure that you let us know your dietary requirements on the Eventbrite Event Registration.
How to book
- Spaces are limited, only one place available per business
- If you book and find that you are unable to attend, please cancel your ticket as soon as possible and at least 48 hours prior to the workshop. This allows us to release the booking to others that are on a waiting list
This Culture+ workshop is specifically for artists and creative practitioners based in Dorset. Culture+ is funded by Arts Council England and the European Regional Development Fund. It is providing support for the creative industry strand of the Dorset Growth Hub programme lead by WSX Enterprise.
26 March 2018
09:30 – 13:30
Lighthouse, Poole Centre for the Arts
21 Kingland Road