What is it?
You will know that as a creative practitioner social media is a great channel to raise your profile, sell your product or service and even network across the arts and culture sector on a global scale.
However, if you are completely new to the scene or feel you are a bit of a novice when it comes to using different platforms, then this can be a daunting task at best. In this workshop we will deliver a comprehensive beginners guide on how to use three main social media platforms; Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to help you as an artist, craft maker or creative enterprise.
Who is it for?
This workshop is for Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole based artists, makers and creatives only.
What will you go away with?
- How to set up and promote your own Facebook business page
- How to set up and promote events on Facebook
- How to tweet – and some suggestions on what to say!
- Knowing what hashtags are and how to use them
- How to use Instagram and why
- Then the all-important time management of your social media – how to schedule your posts, when it is best to post and how often per platform.
We will also give a brief introduction to other platforms such as Pinterest, LinkedIn, Snapchat and Youtube.
Who is speaking?
This workshop is delivered by Culture+ Business Skills Coordinator Laura Mulhern, who has over 10 years’ experience in digital marketing and has worked on award-winning social media campaigns across the arts and culture sector.
What to bring
- Pen and paper
- Should you wish to bring some images of your work please do
- Laptops and iPads are welcome but not essential
- If you are a Sole Trader please bring your Unique Tax Reference Number, if you own a registered company/organisation please bring your registration number.
We will be providing lunch and refreshments, please be sure that you let us know your dietary requirements on the Eventbrite Event Registration.
How to book
- Spaces are limited, only one place available per business
- If you book and find that you are unable to attend, please cancel your ticket as soon as possible and at least 48 hours prior to the workshop. This allows us to release the booking to others that are on a waiting list
This Culture+ workshop is specifically for artists and creative practitioners based in Dorset. Culture+ is funded by Arts Council England and the European Regional Development Fund. It is providing support for the creative industry strand of the Dorset Growth Hub programme lead by WSX Enterprise.
Thursday 22 March 2018
13:00 to 16:00
Priests House Museum
23-27 High Street