We are looking for an emerging curator based in Dorset who wants to learn about outdoor curation in the public realm. This opportunity will be led by The Arts Development Company and the appointed person will help to curate sculptures/installations to contribute to the Lyme Regis Sculpture trail at Lister and Langmoor Gardens.
Currently there are 16 plinths, 5 of them have permanent sculptures. We are looking to hire 4 existing sculptures/installations for 12 months, as part of the sculpture trail.
You could be a recent graduate from art studies or an artist based in Dorset, and/or are looking to develop as a curator, and have run at least 3 public facing exhibitions/ shows.
- Help select and work with the chosen artists to ensure that the works displayed suit the spaces and environment and complements the existing sculptures.
- Lead on the local engagement programme with Woodroffe School
- Write 2 blog updates of the process and your learning
- Provide any additional support which the project may need
Support provided by The Arts Development Company:
- Professional support, advice and networking
- Insights into public realm selection process and managing outdoor art installations
- Access to available equipment and resources
- We will support the marketing of the work and raising profile of you as an emerging curator
How to Apply:
- Email a letter of application detailing why you are interested in this role, along with any relevant experience of curatorial roles, that is no longer than 2 sides of A4 plus your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title: Lyme Sculptures Curator Application
- Application Deadline : 8th December 2017
- Work commences: January 2018
- Sculpture trail launched: Friday 9 February 2018
- Sculpture/installation stays until: February 2019
This is a learning opportunity with professional support offered, so a £500 fee including expenses will be paid once the project is completed.
If you want to discuss your interest prior to applying please phone Cleo Evans on 01305 224244 or email: