Fiction writer and poet Alan Ward has completed his residency at Gillingham Library. He’s...
We work with partners from the arts and in other sectors to develop strategies and policies, encourage networks, and deliver collaborative programmes and projects. Read more below about our current and past projects.
Annual Review 2018
Read our first Annual Review. Covering the year 2017-18, the review gives a snapshot of our activity across our main areas of arts and wellbeing, placemaking, arts and environment and social action. It shows how we are leading change in art and culture in Dorset and beyond.
Key facts include:
- For every £1 invested in us by Dorset County Council we return £4 of external investment into Dorset.
- Our Culture+ project with the Dorset Growth Hub is investing more than £1m in Dorset's creative industries over three years.
- We have turned The Little Keep in Dorchester into a hub of creative and social enterprise.
- In the last year alone we provided paid commissions worth a total of £250,000 for 160 independent creative practitioners in Dorset.
- More than 70 children with special educational needs enjoyed 1,200 hours of our Short Breaks arts programme last year.
- We're working closely with Dorset AONB to deliver dementia-friendly arts experiences to older people.
To read the report in full, please download a PDF on one of the links below.
Annual Review double page view (best for desktop screens)
Annual Review single page view (best for mobile devices)