Culture+ invites you to apply for a FREE place on a unique development programme for:
- Emerging artists
- Practicing artists
Who are intent on shifting their practice into the production of a public event, installation, performance or screening, particularly in the context of festivals, showcases and celebrations.
Who will be running it?
The programme will be led by the professional Outdoor Arts organisations:
There will be 2 hubs in Dorset; in the South & West and in the East with 2 intensive weekends of workshops at each hub. The course will include:
- Ideas from Studio/theatre/concept to site – exploration and development of ideas
- Site specific and site responsive – methodologies, scoping, limitations, legal aspects
- Budgeting and Fundraising
- Understanding, developing and preparing a pitch
- Script, shoot and edit a promotional Digital Video
- Evaluation and Reporting
- Participants from each hub will be given the option to pitch for a place on the Dorset Festivals Consortium Mentoring Scheme.
- 3 successful participants will have the opportunity of support from a Mentor and will also receive a small grant to develop their ideas through to a produced event.
- Participation presents opportunities for collaboration with other artists.
All workshops will take place at weekends between 12 Jan 2019 and 3 March 2019 and the deadline for applications is 12 December 2018.
How to apply
To find out more and apply to join the course please contact:
Phone: 01305 260954 | Mobile: 07918 65575
Produced by Dorset Festival Consortium:
Culture+ is funded by Arts Council England and the European Regional Development Fund. It is providing support for the creative industry strand of the Dorset Growth Hub programme lead by WSX Enterprise.
Image: Manimal, Coastal Encounters, Inside Out Dorset 2018 Artist: Souffleurs commandos poétiques Photographer: Elliott Franks