Are you looking for more outlets for your work? Are you looking for gallery representation? Are you looking for advice on how to create a successful gallery application?
What is it?
An evening talk to share an insight to working with galleries.
- You will be informed about a gallery set up from a galleries perspective
- How to apply to galleries and have the best chance to be successful
- Recommendations on how to manage your creative practice and where having gallery representation fits within this.
Who is it for?
Artists and makers based in Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole only who are
- amateurs looking to build a business out of their making
- early career artists and makers who are considering gallery representation
- mid-career artists and makers looking for up to date information
What you will go away with
- Top tips in managing your creative practice in an effective way
- A set of action points to implement with a follow up from Crafts Council
- Chance to meet like-minded people; discuss your practice and help overcome some challenges you may be facing right now
Who is speaking
- Crafts Council Talent Development manager Caroline Jackman, has over 20 years’ experience in working in the arts and working to support the business and creative development of artists and makers from amateurs to established professionals.
- Saffron Wynne, Exhibitions Manager from Devon Guild of Craftsman will be joining Caroline to discuss with her how they recommend artists and makers work with galleries.
What to bring
All you need to bring is a notepad and pen if you wish to take notes. There is no fee for attendees but spaces are limited.
If you are based outside Dorset please call us before booking your place as only Dorset residents qualify for a place.
If you are a Sole Trader please bring your Unique Tax Reference Number, if you own a registered company/organisation please bring your registration number.
We will be providing refreshments, please be sure that you let us know your dietary requirements on the Eventbrite Event Registration.
How to book
- Spaces are limited, only one place available per business
- If you book and find that you are unable to attend, please cancel your ticket as soon as possible and at least 48 hours prior to the workshop. This allows us to release the booking to others that are on a waiting list
This Culture+ workshop is specifically for artists and creative practitioners based in Dorset. Culture+ is funded by Arts Council England and the European Regional Development Fund. It is providing support for the creative industry strand of the Dorset Growth Hub programme lead by WSX Enterprise.
5 June 2018
18:00 – 21:00
Literary and Scientific Institute
51 East Street