What is it?
This day long interactive workshop will help you plan and structure the development of your creative practice for the year ahead and a chance to work with like-minded individuals in your area to strengthen your networks; generate ideas and set an action plan for the next 12 months.
Who is it for?
Artists and makers based in Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole only particularly:
- Early career artists and makers who are looking for tools to structure an effective business plan
- Mid-career artists and makers looking for a spark of inspiration to overcome hurdles facing their practice
What will you go away with?
- An action plan to implement over the next 12 months
- A review of your practice and how you can implement change
- Top tips in managing your creative practice in an effective way
- New connections with like-minded people.
Who is speaking?
- Crafts Council UK Talent Development manager Caroline Jackman, has over 20 years’ experience in working in the arts and working to support the business and creative development of artists and makers from amateurs to established professionals.
What to bring
- Notebook and pen
- You will have a chance to chat to other makers and like-minded people and talk about your practice; if you can, bring a small sample of your work or an image on a postcard or an image on a digital device to share with other delegates at this event.
How to book
- Spaces are limited, only one place available per business
- If you book and find that you are unable to attend, please cancel your ticket as soon as possible and at least 48 hours prior to the workshop. This allows us to release the booking to others that are on a waiting list
This Culture+ workshop is specifically for artists and creative practitioners based in Dorset. Culture+ is funded by Arts Council England and the European Regional Development Fund. It is providing support for the creative industry strand of the Dorset Growth Hub programme lead by WSX Enterprise.