What is it?
It is a 4-hour beginners course across 2 days to build your own website.
A website is crucial for any artist and makers, it shows your credibility as a serious professional. It is also a tool to market and sell your work, it makes it easier for potential buyers or those who want to commission work to find you.
Being able to build, control and update your own website allows you the freedom to maintain your credibility and brand.
1st Session – 10:00 – 12:00 Thursday 4th April 2019
- What makes a good website
- How to write for website
- What images to use
- Web Builders to choose
2nd Session – 10:00 – 12:00- Thursday 18th 2019
- Website building – with technical support
Who is it for?
This course is for Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole based artists and makers who don’t already have a website, or have a dormant website they want to change. Attendees should be new to Culture+, or have spent less than 12 hours at previous workshops and/or events with us.
You should have a secure understanding of social media before attending this course.
What will you go away with?
- Your own website
- Skills and understanding of developing a simple website
- To keep to maintain and update your own website
Who is speaking?
This course is delivered by Jane Showell a digital marketing expert in website development, user experience and user interface designs.
What to bring
The course is free to attend. To develop your own professional website, you would need sufficient funds to pay for web builder registration, web hosting services and domain name ownership. If you do not have any funds, there are free alternatives available, which can be discussed at the sessions.
- Ideas on what kind of websites you aspire to have
- Pen and paper
- If you are a Sole Trader please bring your Unique Tax Reference Number, if you own a registered company/organisation please bring your registration number.
- Homework from 1st Session
How to book
- Spaces are limited, only one place available per business
- If you book and find that you are unable to attend, please cancel your ticket as soon as possible and at least 48 hours prior to the workshop. This allows us to release the booking to others that are on a waiting list
This Culture+ workshop is specifically for artists and creative practitioners based in Dorset. Culture+ is funded by Arts Council England and the European Regional Development Fund. It is providing support for the creative industry strand of the Dorset Growth Hub programme lead by WSX Enterprise.