Calling early career creative practitioners:
- Do you want to learn more about how to run your own creative business?
- Are you starting out and want guidance to build a thriving career?
- Do you want to be part of the Dorset creative arts network?
Culture+ will be running a free programme for 12 emerging creatives to help you gain the tools necessary to build a thriving career.
The programme will:
- provide tips on how to pitch for work and to respond to a creative brief
- share how to manage different projects and commissions simultaneously
- build your networks and explore possible collaborations and partnerships with other artists and creatives
- share the importance of inclusivity and social impact with your work
- help in making sure your website truly reflects you and what you create
- grant you access to your own personal mentor for 6 months
- offer you the potential to help shape Dorset arts and culture ecology
Who is it for
The programme is for 12 early career creative practitioners (under 26 years old) who are based in Dorset, Bournemoouth or Poole.
A creative practitioner can be musicians, visual artists, makers, theatre practitioners, producers, curators, film-makers, photographers, writers or designers.
What previous Early Career Programme participants say
The network has enabled me to focus and given me confidence talking about my project to others
This really helped me to understand the world of self-employment
It has helped me to increase my network and identify funding streams and collaborators
It helped me broaden my professional circle and get new work
Dates of programme
The programme will run on Thursdays in venues across Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole on the following dates:
1 November, 6 December, 24 January, 7 March, 11 April, 16 May
Note: You would be expected to commit to attending all sessions.
How to apply
Deadline for applications: Friday 19 October 2018