Dave joined the Early Careers group as a performance poet and aspiring director. His mission is to make performance art accessible in a creative way. Previously he had been an intern with Diverse City followed by a 6-month course with Graeae with their Ensemble programme. After this Dave was Creative Assistant for Ramps on the Moon and the New Wolsey Theatre for production of Tommy. He has been part of the Seen but Seldom Heard project. His ambition included leading workshops, directing inclusive productions, performing poetry.
Dave participated in The Early Careers Network Programme comprising business skills development, marketing and self-promotion, managing money – budgets, tax, evaluation, impact and diversity, leadership and presentation skills.
I made new friends and contacts and learnt about how to develop my business more.
Dave has continued to grow and develop as a director, performer, poet, speaker and leader. Since the Culture+ Programme he has done the following –
- Inside Out Dorset 2018 – commissioned a poetic art installation
- Grow Up and Just Love Chocolate @ Salisbury Playhouse & Lighthouse Poole
- Graeae PCD Workshops – writing & directing
- Board Meetings with Diverse City
- National Youth Theatre Course in Writing & Directing
- Onboard Training with Rising Arts Agency
- 1Voice Conference 2018 & 2019 – leading writing workshops for AAC users
- Received the Alan Martin Award 2018 for Contribution to Creative Arts
- Key Note Speech as a Plenary Speaker at Communication Matters Conference 2019
- Librettist for Planted Symphony project with Drake Music
- Led inclusivity workshops for Board Diversity Trustee Training