Part of the Culture+ aim is to create an arts and culture sector in Dorset that is robust, self-sustaining, vibrant and attractive for others to invest their time and money in.
To the Arts Development Company this is a significant opportunity to establish Dorset as a leading light in business development, cross-fertilisation and economic growth of the arts, culture and tourism sector on a national, and potentially international level, and how this endeavour can have a broad impact on the local communities in a positive and sustainable way.
Consultation with a diverse range of cultural organisations has highlighted the need to learn new skills, hear from other organisations about initiatives that work and see examples of how other people have approached making links with the tourism sector. Time is a challenge for these organisations, and the videos are being commissioned to convey information via short, informative films which can be accessed easily, shared with colleagues, returned to again and again, and provide learning from other colleagues in the sector.
Details of brief
To this end, The Arts Development Company wish to commission six short videos/animated infographics as part of the Culture+ tourism toolkit.
Each individual video should be no more than 3 – 5 minutes long, and reflect the style guide as detailed above. The identified topics are:
- How tourism works and local tourism infrastructure (animated infographic, information provided)
- What is Brand Dorset? (animated infographic, linked to and promoting an existing product – Dorset Ambassador)
- Social media/blogging/vlogging – how to do it and not do it
- Museums and heritage as attractions (Tank Museum, Shire Hall, Bridport)
- Packaging experiences (possible infographic?) and marketing them (with reference to an existing project running in Sherborne)
- Festivals and how to use them (with reference to a new Culture+project, Dorset Moon)
Download the full brief here
How to apply
To apply for this work please send a CV and covering letter (no more than one page of A4) detailing:
- How you would approach this work
- A basic outline of initial ideas
- Examples of similar past projects you have delivered from planning, filming, editing to final delivery
- Suggested timescales needed to create the videos N.B. All videos need to be filmed, edited and produced by 31 March 2018
- The fee you would require for this work (to include VAT if appropriate).
Contact: Jacky Thorne, email@example.com
Deadline for submission 14 January 2019