Dorset Coast Forum are looking to appoint an Artist or Craftsperson for concept development, detailed design and either building or overseeing the build and the installation on a well-used pedestrian path between Lyme and Uplyme, which has recently been upgraded and improved.
This project is part of the wider Dorset Coastal Connections portfolio of 18 projects funded by the government’s Coastal Community Fund and coordinated by the Dorset Coast Forum, who are working collaboratively with The Arts Development Company and the individual project teams. This particular project will involve working with the Access and Development Countryside Ranger.
There are 3 stages to this process:
Stage 1 – Expression of Interest – see below
Stage 2 – Broad Stage – for short listed artists
Stage 3 – Concept development and detailed design and implementation
For more information download the full artist brief here
How to apply
To apply for Stage 1 Expression of Interest please submit:
- A selection of images with examples of your work including pieces particularly relevant to this project – please include Jpegs or documents of your images (no more than 10MB)
- The artist’s approach to the project include longevity, robustness and how the work is suited for an outdoor environment where animals and people will be utilising them.
- To tell us where you might need support
- A CV including details of relevant or similar projects and website (if you have one)
- Contact details for at least two referees who know your work and working methods.
- Deadline for Stage 1 applications: 9am Wednesday 14th November 2018
Submit your application to:
Sophie Franks, Dorset Coast Forum Policy Assistant
firstname.lastname@example.org | 01305 224833
If you have any queries or clarification, please contact:
Cleo Evans, The Arts Development Company