The Culture+ programme has appointed an arts and culture festival consortium in Dorset to programme, produce and manage three major arts and culture events in June and July 2019.
This consortium is made up of Activate, the organisation that produces Inside Out Dorset; b-side, which produces the b-side Festival, and Bournemouth Borough Council, producers of Bournemouth Arts by The Sea Festival.
Marketing Project Brief
The Arts Development Company is looking for an arts marketing professional is looking for an arts marketing professional, either a company or self-employed marketer, to:
- devise and implement a strategic marketing plan for the programme – starting August 2018 through to June 2019;
- allocate the budget to the marketing campaign;
- lead on implementing the marketing strategy;
- oversee all the design, print procurement and distribution (NB all costs included in overall fee)
- oversee the digital strategy including but not limited to website management and development, social media marketing strategies and e-marketing;
- identify opportunities for shared promotions with partner organisations;
- write copy for the consortium and co-ordinate the copy and images from artists for the programme;
- manage the design and production of the print material/brochure, press releases and other materials working with appropriate external agencies;
- negotiate and manage any print and media partnerships;
- manage the regional and national PR contract and lead on the local PR;
- be the main point of contact for the media;
- Ensure that branding and marketing materials are available and align on all sites and Front of house spaces; and that the FOH team are fully briefed
- work with the tourism sector to develop cultural tourism;
- report and analyse media coverage and impact, audience research and data capture
Weekly time spent consulting the team across offices in Dorchester, Portland and Bournemouth will be expected and travel around the sites during the programme in advance will also be expected.
The budget for the work is £15,000 (inclusive of VAT).
Closing date Monday 16 July 2018
Interviews will be in Dorset, Wednesday 25 July 2018.
Download the full brief here
Image credit: Simon Lee Dicker in his Weather Station on Chesil Beach by Paul Box. b-side festival 2016.